This quick and easy healthy pizza recipe will leave you speechless. It is low carb, high protein, and easily made gluten-free. The whole family will love this Clean Eating Pizza.
LOW-CARB PIZZA RECIPE
This is, by far, the BEST clean recipe we have tried. We were both doubting it but gave it a try and we are very glad we did!
You won't believe that the crust consists of ground chicken topped with cottage cheese. It's an amazing combination. The toppings can be customized based off whatever you have on hand. We've used a little bit of everything before including onions, spinach, red bell pepper, and cucumber.
If you are up for more pizza, try this Cauliflower Pizza Crust.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do you flatten the pizza on a preheated stone or cold?
- We use our pizza stone at room temperature
What do you suggest for someone who doesn't like cottage cheese?
- You can't taste the cottage cheese so give it a try!
What is one serving?
- We cut this into 8 slices. The serving size will vary per person depending on calorie/macro needs but we typically eat two slices per serving.
What other kinds of meat can you use?
- You can make this with ground chicken or ground turkey
What other kinds of toppings can you use?
- Our awesome readers have used sausage, chopped up chicken, black olives, banana peppers, bell peppers, onions, cucumber, spinach, basil, mushroom, avocado, and zucchini. The possibilities are endless!
Do you brown the chicken first?
- No, the chicken (mixed with the spices) goes in the oven first to bake then the toppings are added.
This quick and easy healthy pizza recipe will leave you speechless. It is low carb, high protein, and easily made gluten-free.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp basil
- 1/2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup tomato/spaghetti sauce (organic or homemade)
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- Your choice of clean toppings. We have used spinach, red bell pepper, cucumber, onion, & red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the "crust" (ground chicken breast, Italian seasoning, basil, garlic powder, egg whites & oats) by hand
- Flatten the "crust" on a pizza stone or in a 9X13" pan
- Bake the "crust" at 350 degrees for 20 min
- Take out the "crust" & add the tomato/spaghetti sauce & spread evenly
- Add the cottage cheese on top of the tomato/spaghetti sauce & spread evenly
- Add your choice of toppings
- Place pizza back in the oven for 10 min or until the cheese is the consistency you prefer
- Mix all the spices in a separate bowl & taste test it until you find your desired flavor combo. This will also help to get all the flavors mixed before adding to the meat.
- Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Rolled Oats as an alternative
- This recipe was created by one of our friends, Toni C. and used with her permission.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian