So maybe we are kind of obsessed with PB&J over here. We can’t help it, it’s like a time machine back to when we were kids. We have our Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars and our Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches we sometimes make for our hikes. Whoever said you couldn’t eat your favorite foods from childhood was wrong!
When shopping for nut butters, sugar should not be listed as an ingredient. Look at the ingredient label and choose the one with just the nut and salt (or just the nut if you can find it!). When shopping for jelly (if you aren’t using frozen berries), try to find one that is just the fruit without added sugar. If you can’t find one that is only fruit, read the ingredients and try to find one that doesn’t have fake sugars and/or other unnecessary ingredients.Print
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 oz liquid egg whites
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic frozen strawberries or 1-2 Tbsp organic jelly (fruit only)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats (optional)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend!