These Peanut Butter Balls are healthy, delicious, and easy to make. With only four simple ingredients, these are super easy to make and come together in minutes. You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry for making these! If not, grab them now and enjoy a perfect clean eating delicious chocolate and peanut butter treat.
Healthy Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter and Chocolate makes my mouth water just thinking about that combination! I know you are going to love this easy recipe for a nice snack that is made with clean ingredients.
I originally went to make cookie dough, but I decided I wanted something a little more festive. These Peanut Butter Balls are quite simple to make and use ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. They are perfect to take to a party or just have in the freezer for when chocolate is needed!
NOTE: Some also refer to these as buckeyes.
How to Store Peanut Butter Balls
While these set up pretty easily once formed, I prefer to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve or eat them. The chocolate can melt a bit if the room is too warm.
If you aren’t storing in the refrigerator, you will need to make sure they are in an airtight container or a plastic storage bag. Just make sure they are kept sealed so they don’t go stale.
Can I Use Crunchy Peanut Butter in Buckeyes?
Of course, you can! Crunchy peanut butter adds tons of great texture to this recipe. In fact, I prefer them with a bit of crunch. You can even roll them in crushed peanuts before the chocolate sets up so you can add a bit more crunch.
ProTip: Add bowls of crushed peanuts, sprinkles, coconut flakes, mini chocolate chips, and even shaved chocolate for dipping them to add variety.
Tips for Making These
- Make sure you chill the peanut butter balls. They will need to chill for at least 45 minutes but can be made ahead of time as long as they are stored tightly in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic.
- Warm hands help soften the peanut butter balls. If they are getting too warm while working with them, place in the fridge to keep them cool and hard.
- A trick to help dip the peanut butter balls coat evenly in chocolate is to use a toothpick, fork, or a skewer. If you don’t mind a chocolate mess at the end, feel free to use your fingers!
- To shake off the excess chocolate off the peanut butter balls, tap your wrist or hand. It works!
- In almost all of our recipes that call for chocolate, we use a bar of dark chocolate and crush it ourselves using a meat tenderizer after placing the chocolate bar in a Ziploc bag.
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls Tutorial (55 seconds):
This was originally published on December 22, 2012, and updated December 14, 2019.Print
- Mix peanut butter and honey together using a hand mixer until thick (30 seconds – 1 minute).
- Roll into balls and freeze for at least 45 minutes.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Heat in microwave for another minute (or until melted).
- Let chocolate/coconut oil mixture sit out for approx 10 minutes to slightly harden.
- Once balls are chilled, dip in chocolate mixture.
- Place balls into the refrigerator allow the chocolate to harden over the peanut butter
I make mine into quarter-size balls which make approximately 16-18 balls
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American