These No Bake Gingerbread Protein Balls are the PERFECT pre and/or post workout snack. You can also just keep them on hand for when a craving strikes or when your kids want a festive treat but they’ve (or you’ve!) had too much junk food already!
The hardest part about this recipe is actually waiting until they are finished cooling to eat! I’m pretty sure I ate half of the batter before they made it into actual Gingerbread Protein Balls.
Honestly, I’m not a big gingerbread fan. After making these I realized that I’m just not a fan of baked gingerbread. These are perfect because they are “no bake” so they still taste like the batter after they cool. That’s a plus in my book!
Don’t forget to download our FREE Fit Festive Foods eCookbook! It includes the following recipes + tips to stay on track over the holidays! Grab your copy here.
- Sugar Cookies
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Gingerbread Smoothie
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pomegranate Mojito
- Cherry Almond Shooter
- 1 packet/scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey (you may also add or sub for another sweetener of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, except for the maple syrup and additional sweetener (if desired) and process until mixed. Add in maple syrup and sweetener. Process again. The batter will form against the sides and will be sticky.
- Scoop out the batter by hand or use a spoon and roll into ¼” balls. Depending on which sweetener and how much you used, they might be sticky. Sprinkle additional oat flour over the batter and on your hands in order to easily roll them into shape. Place balls on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator to chill. These are best served cold (after a few hours in the refrigerator).