Greek Seasoning Recipe is going to become a favorite in your meal planning! Classic flavors of oregano, parsley, and thyme combine with other spices to bring you a traditional Greek flavor you will love to add to meals. It works wonderfully on chicken, beef, lamb, and of course your favorite vegetables.
Greek Seasoning Recipe
I freaked out when I pulled out our Greek Seasoning and saw that it had soy & sugar! There is absolutely NO reason why Greek Seasoning should contain those ingredients. I immediately threw it away & searched for another way to make my own mix for the recipe I was creating. It may seem like a lot of spices but you probably already have most of them in your spice rack.
Ways to Use Greek Seasoning
We love using this to season chicken when making our Baked Greek Chicken, but that's not all! This is such a versatile spice blend you will fall in love with using on everything you cook. I like to make this on a regular basis, and can even make a larger batch and store in an empty spice container to use for future recipes. Below are some ways to use this Greek seasoning recipe on a regular basis.
- Sprinkle over vegetables before roasting
- Add to any marinade for meats before grilling
- Put 1 teaspoon to rice when cooking to add extra flavor
- Mix a small amount into your eggs and top with diced tomato and feta for a Greek egg scramble
Ways to Store Homemade Seasoning Blends
When I decided to make my own homemade blends of popular spices, I knew I needed a good way to store them. There are a few methods I have tried, but my favorite is definitely buying empty spice jars on Amazon and making my own labels. If you are making in bulk quantities, you may want to try a different storage method.
- Put into mason jars with a good sealing lid and label on the front of the jar
- Reuse old spice jars and simply add a fresh label
- Invest in empty spice jars and create your own labels
- Use plastic storage bags like Ziploc and write the spice blend name on the front with a Sharpie
- When making larger batches, portion into small vacuum storage bags to keep fresh longer
Try Our Other Seasoning Mixes:
If you prefer to know that your seasonings don't have a ton of extra sugar, soy, or sodium, then you will love the mixes we have created. Click on the links below to grab the recipes for other popular seasoning blends.
- Taco Seasoning
- Ranch Seasoning
- Kickin' Chicken Seasoning
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Roasted Chicken Seasoning
- Fajita Seasoning
Mix all spices together
Makes approx 1/2 cup of seasoning mix
Recipe Adapted from Food.com
- Category: Seasoning
- Cuisine: Greek