- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Once the oven has been preheated, place bread on baking sheet and toast for approximately 8-10 minutes (thawed bread) or 12-15 minutes (frozen bread). Bread should be hard, but not burnt.
- Remove bread from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before handling. Once cooled, tear bread apart to make bread crumbs, or using a rolling pin, crush the bread to create crumbs.
- Place egg white and whole egg in a bowl, whip to combine using a fork. In another bowl, combine Ezekiel bread crumbs, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. (If you would like to add the optional ingredient – oat flour, you may add to this bowl.)
- Dip each onion ring in egg mixture and then in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet (you may use the same one as for the bread).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American