Combat those cravings! Try these Low Carb Baked Onion Rings.
I get cravings all the time for fried foods - I've finally found a way to combat those cravings! Enter in the baked, low carb onion ring. It's hard to tell just how many carbs these really are, but it's safe to say that for 5 average size rings, less than 8g of carbs (as one slice of Ezekiel bread is 15g of carbs) - it all depends on how much "breading" you get on top.
Go ahead, curb those cravings!Print
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Once the oven has been preheated, place bread on baking sheet and toast for approximately 8-10 minutes (thawed bread) or 12-15 minutes (frozen bread). Bread should be hard, but not burnt.
- Remove bread from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before handling. Once cooled, tear bread apart to make bread crumbs, or using a rolling pin, crush the bread to create crumbs.
- Place egg white and whole egg in a bowl, whip to combine using a fork. In another bowl, combine Ezekiel bread crumbs, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. (If you would like to add the optional ingredient - oat flour, you may add to this bowl.)
- Dip each onion ring in egg mixture and then in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet (you may use the same one as for the bread).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American