Looking for an easy, low carb recipe the whole family will love? Try this low carb Monster Meatloaf.
If you like Jamie Eason’s Turkey Meatloaf Muffins…you need to try this recipe! We make this almost every week. We don’t even like meatloaf but we love this!Print
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp tomato paste (no salt added)
- 3 lbs extra lean ground turkey (or ground chicken breast)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (substitute gluten-free quick cooking oats)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray 9X13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large saute pan, cook the onions & peppers with salt, pepper, & thyme until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, soy sauce, chicken broth, & tomato paste, mixing until heated through.
- Set mixture aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey (or chicken), egg whites, oats, & sauteed mixture (cooled).
- Mix by hand until all incorporated & press flat into the 9X13 Pyrex dish.
- Spread ketchup in an even layer on top of the prepared turkey (or chicken).
- Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour to an hour & 20 minutes.