This has become one of our “go-to” recipes and is now a staple in our weekly food prep. It’s easy to prepare and throw together when you’re in a hurry. It’s also a very versatile recipe – you can use it in a salad with guacamole, make tacos, add it to your scrambled eggs, or just mix it in with brown rice or quinoa! We usually make 3 lbs of this a week!
- 1 lb Ground Chicken Breast (our local Publix doesn’t carry it, but they’re always willing to throw packaged chicken breasts in the grinder while we shop)
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chipotle Pepper Spice
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Honey (drizzled over cooked meat – no more than 1 tsp)
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Coat pan lightly with olive oil.
- Place meat, onion, and garlic in the pan cook over medium-high heat until meat is cooked through.
- Turn heat to medium, add cumin, chipotle pepper spice, oregano, and diced tomato and continue to cook until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- After meat is cooked, drizzle honey and mix into cooked meat. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
Try combining Grass-Fed Beef with the Chicken for even more flavor.