This one is GOOD. We had bananas AND avocados that needed to be used ASAP so I decided to make a variation of our banana bread. It took me a few tries to get the ingredients right and about a year to post this recipe. 😉 I love to eat a slice with my breakfast or before my workout.
Makes 8 Slices.
Macros (per slice):
- Calories – 154
- Protein – 6 g
- Carbs – 22 g
- Fat – 5 g
- Sugar – 2 g
- Fiber – 5 g
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash avocado and banana together (I used a fork)
- Mix together wet ingredients (including mashed avocado and banana). Mix together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Add ingredients to a pan coated with coconut oil (to prevent sticking)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes