This is so good – it will be a special morning treat for your entire family! Have 2 overripe (or almost overripe) bananas? Then you are in business!
Makes approximately 8 slices. Serving size is one slice.
This is a great recipe to have from time to time. It does freeze well, and 4-5 scrambled egg whites are the perfect complement to the meal!Print
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
This clean eating banana bread recipe is so simple and you can even make it gluten-free!
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup Gluten-free Oat Flour and 1/2 cup Coconut Flour)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
- 1/2 cup sucanat sugar (could also substitute Xylitol or Stevia)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- pinch of sea salt (1/16 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Coat an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with olive oil spray and set aside
- Peel and mash bananas in a separate bowl, setting aside
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, combine egg whites, banana, sucanat, and coconut oil. Once mixed well, add flour mixture to banana mixture stir until moist. The batter should be lumpy, so do not over stir. Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes
- Let bread cool for about 10-15 minutes prior to cutting
Macros have been calculated with sucanat sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply