- Line an 8″ square baking dish/pan with parchment paper (wax paper will also work if you do not have parchment paper on hand). He & She Tip: I trimmed my parchment paper to fit and put one strip going longways and one strip sideways.
- Warm the nut butter and the coconut oil in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix using hands or a spoon until well blended.
- Pour mixture into lined dish and smooth with the back of a spoon until even.
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes. Remove from freezer, lifting parchment paper and bars out of the pan and place on a flat surface. Using a pizza wheel, cut into 8 bars. Serve.
- You can store these in the freezer and take out at the beginning of the day – they should defrost in time for your 3rd or 4th meal of the day.
- Adapted from Oxygen Magazine’s July 2011 Article, “Portable Protein”
- Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Rolled Oats as an alternative