Picture it: You are running late for your meeting at work and bam! you are supposed to eat in 15 minutes and don’t have time to run to get your prepared chicken breast and veggies. No problem! Reach for one of these Chocolate Apple Oatmeal Protein Bars – they are portable and perfect for on-the-go eating!
- Line an 8″ square baking dish/pan with parchment paper (wax paper will also work if you do not have parchment paper on hand). He & She Tip: I trimmed my parchment paper to fit and put one strip going longways and one strip sideways.
- Warm the nut butter and the coconut oil in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix using hands or a spoon until well blended.
- Pour mixture into lined dish and smooth with the back of a spoon until even.
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes. Remove from freezer, lifting parchment paper and bars out of the pan and place on a flat surface. Using a pizza wheel, cut into 8 bars. Serve.
- You can store these in the freezer and take out at the beginning of the day – they should defrost in time for your 3rd or 4th meal of the day.
- Adapted from Oxygen Magazine’s July 2011 Article, “Portable Protein”
- Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Rolled Oats as an alternative