The crisp, fall air is sweeping through the south and we are welcoming it with open arms! It’s time for hay rides, pumpkin patches, high school football, bonfires and chili!! Enter in our new chili recipe! Made with the protein-packed, lean meat, bison, it’s the perfect treat for dinner!
Clean Eat Bison Chili
- 1 lb grass-fed ground bison
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 4 TBSP chili powder
- 2 large slicer tomatoes, cubed
- 2 cups organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cans organic red beans, rinsed and drained
1. Combine ground bison, onion, ground cumin and chili powder in a large stock pot and cook meat until browned.
2. Add tomatoes, chicken broth and organic red beans. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover pot with lid, leaving room for steam to escape. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for approximately 2 hours on low.
Makes approximately 6 servings.
Estimated Mets per serving:
- Calories – 310
- Protein – 33g
- Carbs – 41g
- Fat – 4g
This is so good! You can’t go wrong!