Try out this High-Protein, High-Fiber Crockpot Bison Chili recipe. You could even substitute ground chicken or ground turkey. It can easily be made in a crockpot or slow cooker.
CROCKPOT BISON CHILI
The crisp, fall air is sweeping through the south and we are welcoming it with open arms! It’s time for hayrides, pumpkin patches, high school football, bonfires, and chili. Enter in our new chili recipe: made with the protein-packed, lean meat, bison, it’s the perfect treat for dinner!
This is so good! You can’t go wrong!
Ready for more chili and soup? Try another one of our delicious recipes:
- Southwest Style Bison Chili with Quinoa
- Easy Taco Soup with Ranch
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Bison Chili (in the Instant Pot)
- Crockpot Jambalaya
- Chicken and Kale Soup
- Turkey Black Bean Chili with Sweet Potatoes
Crock Pot Bison Chili
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 lb grass-fed ground bison
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 4 TBSP chili powder
- 2 large slicer tomatoes, cubed
- 2 cups organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cans organic red beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine ground bison, onion, ground cumin and chili powder in a large stockpot and cook meat until browned.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and organic red beans. Bring to a boil.
- Cover pot with lid, leaving room for steam to escape. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for approximately 2 hours on low.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply