A crazy thing happened in our house a few days ago…I ran out of bananas! I went bananas (haha!) because I could not make my favorite protein shake from Oxygen Magazine so I just threw together some ingredients we had on hand. It turned out to be one of my favorite protein shakes!
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I use an organic frozen blend of raspberries, blackberries & blueberries from Costco)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 6 oz of unsweetened almond milk
- 4 oz of liquid egg whites (make sure they are 100% egg whites, pasteurized)
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter
1. Blend all ingredients.
- Calories – 354
- Protein – 38 g
- Fat – 12 g
- Carbs – 28 g
- Sugar – 13 g
- He & She Tip: For those of you who do not want or need the extra fat in your shake…I tried this one recently without the peanut butter & used chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla & it was just as good!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.