BERRYLICIOUS BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
A crazy thing happened in our house a few days ago…I ran out of bananas! I went bananas (haha!) because I could not make my favorite protein shake from Oxygen Magazine so I just threw together some ingredients we had on hand. It turned out to be one of my favorite protein shakes!
For those of you who do not want or need the extra fat in your shake… I tried this one recently without the peanut butter & used chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla & it was just as good!Print
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I use an organic frozen blend of raspberries, blackberries & blueberries from Costco)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 6 oz of unsweetened almond milk
- 4 oz of liquid egg whites (make sure they are 100% egg whites, pasteurized)
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter
Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
- You can omit the peanut butter and use chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American