We just returned from a hiking trip where we hiked in CO, UT, and NM. We shared some of our pictures via social media (Facebook and Instagram) but plan to do a series of posts from how we save money when traveling, what we eat when traveling, etc…so stay tuned!
We bought quick oats to make in order to fuel up before our hikes. There are so many different ways to make quick oats and we always seem to discover a new favorite while traveling!
Try these Banana Cream Quick Oats and let us know what you think – the coconut oil really makes this recipe!Print
- 1/2 – 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 – 1 banana
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil (you can melt before adding or just add it to your hot oats and let it melt in them)
- water or unsweetened almond milk
- sweetener of your choice (Stevia, Truvia, honey, etc.)
- dash of sea salt
- dash of cinnamon
- Prepare oats as listed on the package (we usually use boiling water and a small amount of unsweetened almond milk)
- Add all ingredients, except banana, and stir
- Slice banana and add to the top – then stir into the oats