The main problem with me making granola is my lack of self-control. I could eat the entire batch in one sitting. How about you?! A few weekends ago we were going hiking so I wanted to make some granola to take with us. It’s a great hiking snack because it’s lightweight, easy to eat and pack. We ended up hiking Siler Bald near Franklin, NC. It was a very pretty trail and a great workout. As we were hiking up the trail a black bear ran right out behind me! We also hiked Whiteside Mountain near Highlands, NC.
Granola is also a great addition to oatmeal or Greek yogurt!
Additional Granola Recipes:Print
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, excluding apricots
- Add chopped apricots and stir to distribute throughout the granola
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread granola mixture onto baking sheet
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, until desired texture is reached (check at 15 minutes as granola can burn quickly)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes