COTTAGE CHEESE PROTEIN PANCAKES
These are very similar to the Banana Walnut Protein Pancakes but MUCH easier to make! We will sometimes make the batter the night before because we are so hungry when we wake up that we need something to eat right away!
These cottage cheese pancakes are packed with protein and the perfect amount of carbs to keep you fueled until your next meal.
MORE PANCAKE RECIPES:
- Healthy Pancakes for Meal Prep
- Clean Eating Cake Batter Pancakes
- Blueberry Burst Pancakes (for one!)
- Strawberry Pancakes
Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 12 pancakes 1x
- 1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats (substitute gluten free quick cooking oats)
- 12 egg whites
- 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese (we use Friendship brand, no salt added)
- 2 small bananas or 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with a light coat of cooking oil (coconut)
- Pour about 1/4 c of batter for each pancake
- Cook on one side until bubbles appear on top, then flip to cook the other side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat until all batter has been used
- The pancakes may be dark brown, but don’t worry, it’s just the sugars in the banana…they won’t taste burned.
- If your batter seems too runny you can add a Tbsp of oat flour
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply