You are interested in clean eating but you don’t know where to start? We will try and help you with some simple, easy tips!
Clean Eating: Getting Started
- Check out our eBooks and workout plans.
- Go through your pantry and throw away all processed food (do not GIVE it away, THROW it away…no one needs to eat it).
- Read the ingredient label and nutrition facts on everything you purchase. If it has more than 5 ingredients, you probably shouldn’t buy it (there are exceptions, of course).
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store…this will ensure that you are buying fresh produce and meats that are not loaded with preservatives and unhealthy ingredients added to “enhance” the flavor.
- Kick your sugar addiction (again, read ingredient labels! You may be surprised at what products contain added sugar)!
- Find recipes that are easy to make…prepare your food in bulk and store it in your refrigerator or freezer for convenience.
- We will be posting more recipes on this blog but there are also a lot of cookbooks on clean eating. Tip: Make a trip to your local library if you just want to try a few recipes or you can purchase the cookbooks here.
- Eat every 2 – 3 hours. Eat lean protein and complex carbohydrates at each meal. This will boost your metabolism and guarantee the results you are seeking. Read more about your metabolism here.
- Drink water! To help measure the amount of water you are drinking, buy a CamelBak bottle or large Nalgene so that you can keep track of your consumption. Read more about water intake here.
Eating clean is common sense, it is not rocket science, nor does it have to include bland foods and short-lived diets, but it has been lost in our society today. In our opinion, society has placed too much emphasis on convenience, pleasure, and entitlement that healthy living has become unimportant. Basically, just think about what your grandparents ate when they were your age.
Let’s face it – there are no shortcuts or magic diets to get that body that you’ve always wanted; it takes time and effort and there will be speed bumps (lack of motivation, life events, etc.), but when times get tough, work harder! It will make you stronger and boost your confidence.
“This isn’t a complicated message. In fact, Eating Clean is as simple as it can get. So what’s the bottom line? Eat a variety of wholesome, natural foods by combining lean protein with complex carbohydrates from fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Kick out the crap, invite in the good, throw in some water and you are on your way to excellent health and a better body than you’ve ever imagined. Is this information new? No. It’s the same information we’ve heard from our ancestors time and time again.” Just the Rules by Tosco Reno
Be sure to read these helpful hints & tips!
Remember, this is a lifestyle and not a diet!
Good luck with your journey and keep eating clean!
– Scott & Whitney1