Heading out for a road trip? Use this list of healthy snack ideas to keep everyone happy!
We love to travel. Our preferred method is a plane (that is going out west!) but sometimes we do take road trips in the Southeast. We always pack food because we have been known to get hangry and no one wants to be stuck in a car with people who are hungry and there is no food in sight! It's just safer for everyone. 😉
If you are planning a road trip you should also be prepared. Here is our list of go-to road trip foods that are clean and will keep the entire family happy and ready for their vacation. If you are flying, check out our list of food to pack for the airport.
Clean Eating Food Ideas For Your Road Trip
- Protein Powder (Chocolate & Vanilla)
- Tuna Packets or Cans
- Canned Salmon
- Canned Chicken
- Boiled Eggs
- Greek Yogurt
- Dried Fruit (no sugar added)
- Brown Rice Cakes
- Granola (try to keep sugar under 5g per 30g serving)
- Pop Chips
- Peanut Butter (ingredients should be just peanuts or peanuts and salt)
- Almond Butter (this Vanilla Almond Butter is AMAZING - it tastes like Cookie Butter and comes in individual packets)
If you have room to take a bag below is the food that we recommend because it travels well.
- Boiled Eggs
- Monster Meatloaf
- Salsa Chicken/Italian Chicken
- Zesty Grilled Chicken
- Protein Bars (All of the recipes for protein bars that we have travel well, just be aware: they MUST stay refrigerated or on ice or they will spoil!)
Have a safe and fun road trip!64