Cut the calories and make the kids and your husband happy with this Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe. It is so fantastic! You will not miss your regular pizza at all. Best of all it is a clean, gluten-free, paleo recipe.
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
As I was walking around the grocery, I saw a fresh "bake at home" pizza sitting in the display. I immediately started wishing I could take it home and pop it into my oven. I made a better choice though, I decided to make my own version - clean, gluten-free and considered paleo-friendly if you are into that.
This is definitely picky eater approved! Jim LOVED it and he was REALLY skeptical when I told him what I was making. He had already told me what he was going to eat if he didn't like it!
This is a guest post by Tiffany. This recipe was adapted from The Lucky Penny Blog.
TRY ONE OF THESE CAULIFLOWER RECIPES NEXT!
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Healthy Alfredo Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Cheesy Bread
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Risotto
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cut the calories and make the kids and your husband happy with this Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe. Best of all it is a clean, gluten-free, and paleo recipe.
- 1 small-medium head of cauliflower or 3 cups of cauliflower florets, stems removed.
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (additionally crushed between your fingers)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (additionally crushed between your fingers)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup organic, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup organic, shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Wash and dry your cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into florets (the top part) and remove the majority of the stem.
- Pulse in a food processor for approximately 30 seconds until you create something resembling cauliflower snow. This will serve as your "flour" for the recipe. It should yield from 2-3 cups of "snow."
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If you are using a pizza stone, place the stone in the oven so that it can heat to temperature before you put your crust on it.
- Once your cauliflower has cooled, place it in a tea towel or cheesecloth and wring it out to remove excess water. Watch out - there will be a lot of water! You will want to do this over the sink!
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, spices, and cheese. Add egg and combine to a "dough ball" using your hands.
- Place dough onto a piece of parchment paper sprayed with olive oil. Begin forming the dough into a round pizza shape. Dough should be approximately 1/2 inch thick with no thin spots or overly thick spots.
- Take parchment paper and dough and move to pizza stone or pizza pan. Bake in oven for approximately 8-10 minutes until cauliflower is a light golden brown.
- Remove pan and crust from oven and add any toppings you would like to put on it - sauce, cheese, meat, veggies, etc.
- Once you have put your toppings on your pizza, bake it in the oven for about 5-7 more minutes until cheese begins to bubble.
- Let pizza sit for 3-4 minutes to cool. Cut with pizza wheel and enjoy!
This was adapted from The Lucky Penny Blog.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American