This style of workout is Tabata style.
Tabata training is a great way to get your heart rate up quickly and then recover. You will do each exercise for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds. There are four circuits and if you repeat each one eight times this is a 32-minute workout. If you can't make it through eight rounds of each circuit, start with just doing four rounds for a 16-minute workout.
This is your workout so you choose how you want to complete it. Make sure you push yourself but also use proper form. Safety first!
This was originally published on August 15, 2017, with our Brownie Batter Protein Shake, and updated January 2, 2019, to have its own post.
BODYWEIGHT TABATA WORKOUT
Most of the exercises you already know how to do but below are a few explanations if you need a little guidance.
- Squat with your hands on the ground in front of you
- Kick your feet back into plank position
- Do a push-up (if you are up for the challenge!)
- Quickly return to the squat position
- Jump as high as you can as you stand back up
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Lower into a squat position
- Jump quickly straight up into the air
- When you land, lower back into the squat position
- Land quietly and softly
- Get into push-up position. Lower onto your elbows.
- With your knees and arms around shoulder-width apart hold this position as long as possible with good form.
- Your shoulders should be in line with your elbows.
- Engage your core by drawing your stomach in, careful not to sag or bend your bottom.
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
Like Tabata style workouts? Try these:
- 32 Minute Full Body Tabata Workout
- Fat Burn Tabata
- Full Body Burn Tabata Workout
- Full Body Tabata Workout