I'm not going to lie. We made these at 10 PM on a Saturday night. The Saturday night before the Super Bowl to be exact. Scott just randomly had the idea to make these and they turned out REALLY good so now we are sharing the recipe!
Down here in the south you can get anything fried. Fried pickles, fried Oreos, fried whatever you want. To be honest, I've never had anything unusual fried. I would rather just stick with my french fries BUT if I were to imagine what a friend pickle tastes like, this is it. 100%. So good.
Next up. Onion rings. We've made them a different way before but I think we will try this exact recipe next time!
They're gluten-free, low-carb, and paleo and clean eating approved.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Check our disclosure policy for more details.
WATCH how to make these Paleo Fried Pickles (37 seconds)
>>>> Get our Super Bowl Meal Plan & Workout
Paleo "Fried" Pickles
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 14 dill pickle spears
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Dry dill pickle spears
- Mix together spices and add to almond flour in a large bowl
- Dip dried pickle spears into egg whites
- Once coated in egg whites, roll in almond flour/spice mixture
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. After 10-12 minutes, flip pickles and bake another 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
"Ranch" Dipping Sauce
- Ranch seasoning (DIY with our recipe):
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 cup coconut oil mayo
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Mix all spices together
- Combine coconut oil mayo and coconut milk
- Start by whisking together 1/4 cup of the liquid and 1-2 Tbsp of the coconut cream skimmed off the top of the can
- If more is needed add up to 1/2 cup of liquid and 3 Tbsp of cream
The nutrition facts listed below will vary greatly based on how much coconut cream you use and if you use regular or light coconut cream.