On Monday I had to go buy a new dishwasher since ours conveniently quit working the week we went under contract. My dad and I went down to Lowe's to get one that I found online. It said they had it in stock and I had a coupon so I was all set, or so I thought. Once we got there they couldn't find either of the two they had in stock so they actually let me get one that was better (and $100 more) for the same price and I was still able to use the coupon. We LOVE the dishwasher, our buyer is lucky he is getting such an awesome quiet dishwasher haha. :)
As you can tell with our workouts lately, we've only been going to the gym four days per week. This is all we can handle right now and I'm actually loving it. We also try to do 1-2 days of cardio per week and the other 1-2 days are complete rest days. You will see that I normally walk on those days but that's it. I'm not running or going to the gym. I just like to walk during the day to get outside and move around a bit. I posted the picture below on Snapchat (hesheeatclean), it's true that my "New Years Resolution" was to eat more and workout less.
Scott's birthday was Friday. He turned 34. Not really sure how that happened but I can't believe he's 34. As you probably gathered from previous posts, we don't really celebrate many holidays or birthdays the way others do. We don't buy each other gifts or make a big deal out of things. Scott wanted to go to Whole Foods to eat so that's what we did! He loves to go there because he can get many different things (he normally builds a salad, gets BBQ, wings, and occasionally a piece of pizza and cookie!). We also stopped by Costco quickly on our way home. We planned on hiking on Saturday but changed our mind. After the gym, we went to a nearby neighborhood that's really hilly to run, walk, and do hill sprints. We are hoping we can truly go hiking next weekend. Fingers crossed the weather forecast stays sunny and warm!
I'm still using the Run Builder as a guide but adjusting as I see fit. I don't really run that often (especially in less than ideal weather) so I normally swap out incline training and sprints for straight runs.
- Monday: HIIT Class (AM) + Arms (PM)
- Tuesday: 2 mile walk + Legs + 10 min stair climber
- Wednesday: OFF + 3.5 mile walk
- Thursday: 1 mile walk + Chest/Shoulders + 15 min cardio
- Friday: OFF + 1 mile walk
- Saturday: Back/Legs + 3.5 mile run/walk outside
- Sunday: 4 mile run/walk/hike outside
- The Impossible - This was really good! It was about a family that survived the tsunami in Thailand in 2004.
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines - so good!
RELATED: 4 Books Everyone Should Read
* This post contains affiliate links which means that we may get a small commission if you purchase from these links. It does not cost you any extra but helps us produce the free content on this website. Thank you. :)
Publix (total $20.28):
I went to Publix to get ground chicken breasts since one near us carries it again! This means we won't have to make them grind it for us in the store (which they did but I don't think they were too happy about). I'm not sure if it just had the wrong price on it or what but the chicken rang up for a lot more than the sticker so I ended up getting them at the lower price plus a free pound because it was wrong! I'm slowly making up for having to buy that dishwasher. ;-)
- Banana/Mixed Berry Baby Food 3 at $1.19 each
- Daisy Cottage Cheese $2.09 (on sale)
- Perdue Ground Chicken Breasts 3 at $3.79 each
- Unsweetened Almond Milk $2.45 (on sale)
Publix #2 (total $57.68):
Our Publix had a special where if you purchase $50 or more in grocery you can buy a $50 gas card for $40. We do every single time they offer it because it's truly getting $10 off just by buying what we already needed. Springer mountain farms chicken was BOGO so that is why this bill was so expensive - I stocked up!
- 100% Orange Juice $3.29
- Ezekiel English Muffins $5.35
- Waters $3.48 (4 at $0.67)
- Cucumbers $1.69
- Sweet Potatoes $3.02
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts $39.17 (BOGO)
- Lemons $6.99
- Avocados $6.49
- Cottage Cheese $4.99
- Organic Maple Syrup $10.99
- Organic Kale $8.98 (2 at $4.49)
- Mighty Greens Juice $20.07 (3 at $6.69 on sale)
- Liquid Egg Whites $8.99
- Organic Peanut Butter $9.99
- Tomatoes $6.49
- 5 Dozen Eggs $8.59
Whole Foods ($22.54)
- Sirloin Steak $6.60
- Fuji Apples $4.36
- Siggis Yogurt $5.00 (2 at $2.50)
- Grapefruit $1.63
- Cookies $3.41
- Whole Foods $30.91 (two salads with chicken + beer + Brown Rice/Quinoa Avocado Tuna Roll to go)
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Sweet-Sweet Potato Cubes
- Taco Soup
- Ground Chicken seasoned with DIY Taco Seasoning
Until next week, have a good one! Let us know if you ever have any questions or comments! I've loved hearing from you about the updates! Click here to read all of our updates.