After returning home from a trip to California I didn't have much food prepped but I needed protein and carbs to fuel my workout so I make proats! Proats = Protein + Oats. They were so delicious! It was the perfect pre-workout meal for me and I've eaten it almost every day for breakfast since! Make them Gluten-Free by using Gluten-Free oats!
CINNAMON VANILLA PROATS
- 1/2 cup rolled or quick cooking gluten free oats
- 1 packet TLS whey protein
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp pasteurized liquid egg whites
- 1/2-1 packet Truvia
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Add hot (boiling) water to oats mixture
- Add almond milk and egg whites
- Heat in microwave for 30 sec to 1 min
- Add protein powder and other remaining ingredients and stir
What is your favorite breakfast food?