Want to spice things up in your food prep this week? Try this Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken recipe!
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
Adapted from SkinnyTaste.com
- 3-4 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 16 oz organic chicken stock
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Tabasco, to taste
1. Add all ingredients except Frank's and Tabasco to your crock pot. Cover chicken with Frank's (JUST enough to cover) and add Tabasco if you want it spicy or sub some Tabasco in the place of Frank's for less sodium.
2. Cook on low heat for at least 7 hours.
3. Once cooked, set aside 1/2 cup of broth and pour out the remaining.
4. Return chicken and 1/2 cup of saved broth to crock pot and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes.
He and She Tips: Frank's has 190mg of sodium per tsp and Tabasco only has 35mg of sodium per tsp! You can add the chicken to lettuce wraps for a festive appetizer while entertaining or for a more portable dinner!