Yesterday, we brought you the Clean Savory Pie Crust recipe. You didn't really think we would leave you with a recipe like that with nothing to put inside, did you? Try this out! It's a great addition to your morning breakfast and a way to break up the monotony of the scrambled egg white AND it's gluten-free! Best of all, you can eat on it for a few days! (Just make sure you seal a container and refrigerate it.)
Don't forget to prepare the Clean Savory Pie Crust first!
Clean Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- 2 large eggs
- 8 egg whites, large eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup low fat, organic cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites and seasoning using a whisk.
3. Add broccoli florets, yellow onion and cheese to egg mixture, folding in the vegetables and cheese.
4. Fill the Clean Savory Pie Crust (in a pie dish) with the egg mixture. Mixture should be approximately 1/4 inch from the top of the pie dish.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the egg is thoroughly cooked.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Approximate Metrics per Serving (includes the Clean Savory Pie Crust):
- Calories: 409
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 12g