This is a very simple recipe that is great for a snack or to pair with protein at breakfast...just don't eat the pan all at one time!
Strawberry Oat Bars
Recipe adapted from Bob's Red Mill Oat Packaging
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2/3 organic strawberry jam/jelly (check the ingredients!)
- Organic strawberries (optional, for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray 8X8 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray (we use an olive oil mister).
3. In a medium bowl combine melted coconut oil, applesauce, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
4. Stir in flour, oats, Xylitol, Xanthan Gum, baking powder, sea salt, and almond milk until blended.
5. Stir remaining tsp of vanilla extract into strawberry jam until smooth. Spread evenly on top.
6. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over jam, then pat firmly to make top layer smooth.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes. Let bars cool in pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack.
8. Once cool, cut into 16 bars.