One of the biggest challenges I had as a clean eating wife trying to get my husband on board was depriving him of Alfredo sauce! He LOVED it! He claims to have never eaten red tomato pasta sauce (though I converted him as long as I make it spicy enough) and for as long as I could remember, he gobbled the creamy, buttery Alfredo sauce up. Well, leave it to me to find him an alternative to his favorite!
This is a guest post written by Tiffany.
P.S. Have you heard about our FREE 13 Day Clean Eating Challenge? Learn more here & join today! It's FREE!
Clean Eat Recipe: Actually Good for you Alfredo and Pasta Sauce!
1. Boil chicken broth. Add chopped cauliflower and spices. Cook 20 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
2. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool approximately 5 minutes.
3. Blend mixture in blender. (Be CAREFUL! Hot liquid expands). Add cottage cheese, water and olive oil and blend again.
4. Return to pot to simmer on low for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Top your favorite brown rice, black bean, or edamame pasta (try Explore Asian!). You can add seafood or chicken or simply use as a dipping sauce.