We've mentioned one of our favorite apps before, the Whole Foods Market Recipes app...well this is a variation of one of their recipes. It's a perfect summer treat that you won't feel guilty about eating!
This recipe calls for a lot of strawberries & if you are like me you get tired of wasting 1/2 the strawberry by cutting off the stem. I saw this pin on Pinterest about removing the stem with a straw & finally had the chance to try it out...IT WORKS! It's super easy too. All you do is insert the straw at the button & push the stem off (see below)!
P.S. Be sure to follow us on Pinterest if you don't already!
- 2 frozen Bananas
- 6 oz Organic Strawberries (buy ORGANIC - Strawberries are one of "The Dirty Dozen")
- 1/2 cup of raw whole Cashews (soaked in water, see below)
1. Soak cashews in warm water at room temperature for 2-12 hours. Drain cashews once they have been soaked.
2. Dice organic strawberries.
3. Slice frozen bananas into 1/4" slices.
4. Puree strawberries & cashews in a Vitamix until smooth (start at the lowest speed & gradually turn it up to 4). Add up to a 1/4 cup of water, if needed. Add bananas & puree again, until very smooth.
5. Freeze in a sealed freezer proof container until just solid, approx 4 hours.
P.S. Be sure to check out our 4 Ingredient Banana Nut Ice Cream!