Did you enjoy our chicken chili but perhaps you are looking for a lower carb option? Look no further!
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Xylitol brown sugar blend
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp regular yellow mustard
Optional Toppings: cilantro, green onion, cottage cheese
1. Brown meat with onions and garlic in a large pot. Cook until no longer pink.
2. Place meat in crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
3. Place on "low heat" for the desired about of time (we prefer 2 hours since the meat is already cooked).
He & She Tip: You can also make this without a crock pot. To make without a crock pot you would still brown the meat in a large pan and then add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Makes approximately 6 servings.
Macros (per serving):
Calories - 140
Protein - 22 g
Fat - 1 g
Carbs - 8 g
* Recipe Adapted from Jamie Eason's Reduced Carb Turkey Veggie Chili.