Do you make your meals for the week ahead of time? If so, preparing food in "bulk" can sometimes be arduous and flat out time consuming! We have put together a list of our favorite eat clean food prep tools and gadgets to give you just a little more time to focus on you and your family instead of your food!
Slicing and Dicing Gadgets:
1. Weston 83-2014-W Multi-Chopper, $28.25 - With two blades for chopping, one for slicing and one for coring or making wedges, this multi-chopper will cut your prep time tremendously! Don't slave over the cutting board and knife - grab this gadget and you will be all set!
2. Oxo Good Grips Kitchen and Herbs Scissors, $17.99 - I cannot rave enough about these kitchen scissors! We have two other pair of kitchen shears in our house, but these are great! They are great for trimming fat off of meat and for prepping fresh rosemary!
3. Chef'n GarlicZoom XL Rolling Garlic Chopper, $15.15 - Wish you could play with toys again? Well, now you can and it actually serves a purpose. Chef'n makes these fabulous garlic slicers that you wheel around on your countertop as it slices and dices your garlic into perfectly chopped pieces. I recommend the XL since it will also slice avocados. This is a great way for your children to get involved in the food prep (and your husband!).
Mixers and Attachments:
1. Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2 Speed, $378.95 - This is by far one of the best purchases we have made! It is very powerful but also easy-to-use! The reviews on it are fabulous as well!
2. Magic Bullet Deluxe 25pc Set, $63.99 - The Magic Bullet is a great addition to your current appliances. It's super easy to clean (much easier than a traditional blender) and because of all of the different cups, it allows you to mix multiple concoctions before having to wash out, rinse and start again! This is even perfect for smoothies! You can even checkout the Juicer Attachment for the Original Magic Bullet, $12.99! It's great if you don't have a big fancy juicer but looking to juice some spinach or fruits to add to a dessert? Try this attachment for the Magic Bullet! It fits right on the base and off you go!
3. KitchenAid KSM500PSSM Pro 500 Series 10-quart, 5 Speed Stand Mixer, $299.95 - This is similarly priced to the traditional KitchenAid stand mixer; however, it has a lift for the bowl, allowing you to add additional ingredients easily and to mix more food at one time.
4. KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixer, $49.99 - This is GREAT for grinding chicken breasts that you purchase in bulk from your local grocery store or warehouse!
Timers and Thermometers:
1. Taylor 9842 Commercial Digital Waterproof Meat Thermometer, $10.75 - Possibly one of the easiest thermometers to read! It comes with a sleeve to protect the meat thermometer when you are not using it, it's digital and it's fully washable since it is waterproof!
2. Maverick MT-222 Digital Remote Timer and Food Thermometer, $36.13 - This puppy has it all! It not only counts down the time left for your food to cook but it also is a thermometer so you know the precise time your food is done! Additionally, you can leave the thermometer in your meat, take the "pager" and monitor it from an entirely separate room in your house! Convenient!
3. Presto 04213 Electronic Digital Timer, $8.99 - Basic and functional, this digital timer is perfect for measuring the minutes left on your recipe. Never overheat or burn that food again!
I hope this helps with your food prep! These are only a few of our favorite gadgets. Be sure to check out "The Gear" tab for more suggestions!
Have a fit and fabulous day!