Remember when your mother would pop the cornbread out of the oven? As I have mentioned before, my mom is from Louisiana - that means your cornbread is sweet (something I miss here in Georgia). This recipe is the perfect clean eating alternative to your traditional cornbread muffins and best of all, because of the kefir, it's probiotic! I have made a breakfast version here, but you could replace the blueberries with some chopped up jalapenos for a Mexican flare side dish!
This is a guest post written by Tiffany.
Clean Eating Recipe: Sweet Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 1 1/2 c Whole Grain Stone Ground Cornmeal
- 1/2 c Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 c Ideal Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c Plain Low-fat Unsweetened Kefir
- 3 Tbsp Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk
- 1/4 c Unsweetened, No Sugar Added Applesauce
- 1/2 c fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with olive oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisking together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, whisking to combine thoroughly.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into individual muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.
Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Flour as an alternative.
1 serving is 2 muffins
- Calories: 181
- Carbs: 38g
- Proteins: 6g
- Fat: 2g
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.