DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by Everlast FIT. Thank you for supporting He and She Eat Clean.
Looking for a way to switch up your exercise routine? We get it…we all experience times where we get stuck in a rut and our motivation wanes – we even get tired of doing the types of exercises we’ve grown to love. We find it best to switch up our routine a bit when we recognize our motivation is dropping like a squat!
Let us introduce you to boxing and MMA-inspired workouts. They are trending big-time and easy to incorporate into your fitness routine. If you are like me, you might be a little intimidated by the thought of boxing but these workouts aren’t only for fighters. Scott and I both love them! Boxing and MMA-inspired workouts are great cardio workouts and the perfect opportunity to relieve some stress in a healthy way!
We had the opportunity to test out Everlast’s Fit Powercore Bag along with their Cardio Fitness Training Bag and put together this Beginner Power Cardio Kickboxing Workout for you to try! We used both the Everlast Fit Powercore Bag (ours is the 20 pound version, but it is also available in 30 pounds) and the Everlast Cardio Fitness Training Bag.
Not only is this a fantastic workout (we were both covered in sweat) but it’s FUN. As you can see, we did this workout in our garage. This requires minimal equipment and is great for at-home fitness, especially cardio.
Beginner Power Cardio Kickboxing Workout
10 Lunges per leg (holding bag over head)
15 Squats (holding bag over head)
15 Good Mornings (bag across shoulders)
30 seconds Mountain Climbers (hold bag’s grips with the bag on floor)
1 minute total:
String together a jab, cross then hook as a three-punch combo
*Move around bag while throwing combos to add intensity
Take breaks as necessary but try to limit your breaks to 30 seconds – 1 minute. Complete this circuit 4 – 6 times. While performing all of these moves keep your core engaged and strong!
Exercises Using Everlast Fit Powercore Bag:
- Lunges: Holding the Powercore bag over your head, step forward with one leg keeping your upper body straight and shoulders back. Lower your hips until your leg is bent at about a 90 degree angle. Repeat on each leg for number of repetitions listed.
- Squats: Holding the Powercore bag over your head, stand with your legs shoulder-width apart. Keep your chest up and forward and your knees directly over your toes. Lower your bottom like you are sitting down in a chair. Return to starting position and repeat.
- Good Mornings: Place the Powercore bag across your shoulders (not directly on top of your shoulders but rather on the rear of your shoulders). Bend your knees slightly. Keeping your back straight, bend at the hips and hinge forward until you are parallel with the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat.
- Mountain Climbers: Place the Powercore bag on the floor and hold onto the handles. Start in a push-up position. Bring one leg up until the knee is under the hip. Quickly switch legs by taking the forward leg back and bringing the other leg up under your hip. Repeat quickly for duration listed.
Exercises Using Everlast Cardio Fitness Training Bag:
Keep your core tight, chest up and chin down during the boxing portion of the cardio. Use your hips to initiate each strike.
- Jab: Punch with lead hand (most likely your left). As you punch keep opposite hand up near your chin to protect head and face.
- Cross: Punch with the back hand. As you punch pivot on your back foot and keep opposite hand up near chin to protect head and face.
- Hook: Punch across your body with the lead hand, turn your hips in the direction you are punching. Your lead elbow will be bent about 90 degrees. Keep opposite hand up to protect head and face.
We hope this workout doesn’t beat you up too much! 😉
If you want to get your hands on these Everlast products we have good news for you (a coupon/discount code)!
Discount: 15% off everything on everlast.com
Coupon/discount code: FitFluential (this is not case-sensitive)
Expires: January 7, 2016
Connect with Everlast:
- Website: http://www.everlast.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/everlast/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Everlast/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/everlast_
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Everlast FIT.