Think you gave up your favorite cheesy snack when you started eating clean? Think again! These Baked Cheese Crackers taste like a combination of Goldfish and Cheez-It Crackers – you won’t be able to put them down!
Baked Cheese Crackers
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated (preferably organic)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 large whole egg (egg white and egg yellow)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tbsp Walnut Oil
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium to large bowl, combine oat flour, grated cheese, sea salt and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl, combine by whisking together, eggs, walnut oil and almond milk.
4. Combine the two mixtures together in the medium bowl.
5. Using parchment paper to roll the mixture into a 1/8″ sheet – you may need to separate this into two batches depending on your pan/oven size. Place one piece of parchment paper down on your counter, the dough and another on top, then use rolling pin to flatten.
6. Slowly peel the top parchment paper layer back once you have reached your desired thickness of the dough. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut into cracker sizes (1″x1″ or 2″x2″).
7. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes per batch. (Note – you may have 1 batch or 2).
Makes approximately 30 2×2″ crackers.
Store remainder in refrigerator for several days.
Approximate Metrics per 2 cracker serving:
- Calories: 78
- Carbs: 5g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 5g
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.