This Creamy Asparagus Soup is dairy-free and contains onions and garlic in addition to the asparagus which makes for a delicious prebiotic-rich soup.
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth (use vegetable broth if vegan)
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 white potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (omit if following a strict AIP diet)
- Heat broth in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat
- Add onion, garlic, potatoes, celery, and asparagus to the broth. Boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes fall apart and veggies are fork-tender.
- Turn the heat off and pour the ingredients in the pot into a blender or food processor. Blend into a smooth puree (about 1-2 minutes).
- Return soup to the pot and stir in salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American