This AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) Guacamole will give you everything you want in a guacamole recipe without the ingredients that you can't have.
- 2 large avocados
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- Peel the garlic then mince. Chop a handful of cilantro leaves until you fill 1/4 cup. Place garlic and cilantro in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Pour salt, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne into the mixing bowl
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and discard the pits. Use a spoon to scoop out the meat and place it in the mixing bowl.
- Juice the lime by using a lime juicer or by hand.
- If juicing by hand: roll the lime under the palm of your hand against the countertop or cutting board (imagine you were shaping play-dough into a ball). This will express the juice and ensure you get all the delicious lime flavor. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- Use a fork to mash all the ingredients in the bowl together until just mixed
- Serve or refrigerate for later (for up to 3-5 days)
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Mexican