Try this 30-Minute Indoor Cycling Workout to get your heart pumping and calories burning. Cycling is a low-impact cardio workout that is effective and doable for all fitness levels.
INDOOR CYCLING WORKOUT
As you may know by now our favorite form of cardio is hiking. However, sometimes we can’t hike due to the weather or our schedules. We also know the importance of cross-training… which brings us to cycling! Scott has always been into road cycling but since being hit by a car while on his bike (he was okay for the most part, just a few bruises, and some scars) cycling on the road has really taken a backseat.
We’ve wanted an indoor cycling bike in our house for a long time but never could pull the trigger on a multiple thousand dollar bike (!!). We were so excited to learn about the IC7.9 indoor cycle by Horizon Fitness! Before we get to the workout let me tell you a little bit more about why we chose this bike.
THIS POST WAS SPONSORED BY HORIZON FITNESS.
WHY WE CHOSE THE HORIZON IC7.9 INDOOR CYCLE INSTEAD OF THE PELOTON
The price tag.
Honestly, we had been eyeing the Peloton for years but never pulled the trigger because of the price tag. We just could not bring ourselves to spend that much money. The Peloton currently runs $2,245 while we’ve seen the Horizon model on sale for as low as $699 (the normal price is $1,299). That’s a HUGE difference and definitely a lot lighter on the wallet.
One of the ways this bike is able to have such an affordable price is by eliminating some of the electronics that the more expensive bikes contain. This is actually an excellent idea since most people have their own table or phone they can use to stream workouts if desired.
Even with a bike like a Peloton you still have to pay for the monthly subscription to their app. However, if you get the Horizon IC7.9 you can get a bike for less than half the price and choose the fitness app (Studio Sweat App, Peloton App, or the Cyclecast App) you use or just do your own free workouts (like the one below!) with no membership or subscription fees.
The bike is solid and feels very sturdy, I even commented to Scott that I like it more than the bikes at our gym!
One of my favorite things is that the resistance lever has markings (from 0-100%) so you actually know how much you are increasing or decreasing the resistance. This makes it much easier to complete your workout without so much guesswork.
MORE BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF THE IC7.9
- Aluminum flywheel and magnetic resistance for smooth operation
- Tablet/computer/phone holder for easy to view workout classes (or your favorite movie or TV show)
- Precision resistance lever for setting the precise resistance
- Included console displays RPM, miles ridden, calories burned, and speed
- Dual-sided pedals that work with regular sneakers or specific cycling shoes
- Comfortable handlebar and seat
- Sturdy construction
- Water bottle holder
This bike was shipped quickly, easy to put together, and easy to move with the attached transport wheels (just tilt the bike forward).
TIPS FOR YOUR BEST RIDE
- Stand next to your bike seat with both feet on the floor. Find the top of your hip bone and set the seat height in line with that point.
- Get onto the bike and make sure your legs are not locking out; you should have a slight bend in your knee
- Adjust handlebars according to your comfort – your core should be at about a 45-degree angle with the ground and shoulder should be relaxed; you should not feel like you have your weight shifting too much into the handlebars
- Chin up and away from your neck – do not watch your feet
- Shoulders down away from your ears
- Keep your core tight
- Wear cycling shoes to “clip-in” or use the pedal straps – for maximum power and efficiency, you should try to pull up from the top of your forefoot at the same time you are putting downward pressure on the opposite pedal
Remember, keep your feet flat at all times and your chest and head up and forward. Try not to grip the handlebars for dear life – simply resting your arms on the handlebars with a tight core is the best way to go!
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6, and 12 week Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
Time to suit up and try this 30-Minute Indoor Cycling Workout from the comfort of your own home!