Want to usher in the fall season with the yummy scent of baking apples with cinnamon and vanilla? If so, we have the right recipe for you!
Here is another variation of this recipe.
- Peel apples and cut into quarters, careful to core apples as well (seeds are bad!). Place in bottom of crockpot slow cooker.
- Add lemon juice, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract.
- Stir briefly – just enough to mix ingredients.
- Cook on low for 2 hours and then raise the temperature to high for 1.5 hours.
- Stir, slightly mashing any apple chunks, serve and enjoy!