The Trailblazer 12-Week Hiking Workout Plan
Do you want to become a better and stronger hiker?
Do you want to learn how to train effectively and efficiently so that you can tackle your dream trails?
What is the 12-Week Trailblazer Workout Plan?
In order to have a successful hike you need to have a strong back, strong arms, and strong shoulders to steady heavy packs and to help lift yourself up over boulders, strong and powerful legs to be able to handle the incline of the trail and [literally] put one foot in front of the other, and a strong core for balance and efficiency. You will be building your strength and cardiovascular fitness during each and every workout.
We have developed this plan based on our expertise by not only being a certified personal trainer for over eight years but also knowledge gained by hiking thousands of miles across North America, including Mount Whitney (the highest point in the lower 48), the Presidential Traverse, Half Dome, Angels Landing, and Colorado 14ers, among many others! We do not say this to brag but to show you can do this too (10 years ago, we probably couldn't have hiked a mile)! We don't hike (or do cardio) excessively before our hiking trips, we simply train year-round in a manner that is similar to how this plan is laid out.
What you get with this workout plan:
- 12 weeks of workouts that can be done at home or the gym
- HIIT routines
- Workout calendar
- Training logs
- Picture and video tutorials of many of the exercises included
- Our grocery list
- Sample daily meal timing
- Facebook support group
- Emphasis on sustainable hiking
- Easy-to-follow links to numerous hiking resources (such as what to pack and what to wear)
You get this entire workout plan (60+ pages of workouts and helpful information) for less than the cost of ONE personal training session!
Things to note:
- This is a digital workout plan that will be delivered to your email automatically after purchasing. You will not receive anything in the mail as we do not ship physical copies. However, you can print this plan and place it into a binder or even have it spiral-bound!
- The workouts will take 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the specific workout and if cardio/HIIT is part of the workout or not
- Equipment required/suggested:
- Dumbbells (if you cannot get dumbbells, you can make your own with items you already have: DIY Dumbbells)
- Bench (or another sturdy surface such as a coffee table!)
- Resistance Bands (we do not have any band exercises specifically listed in this plan but many of the exercises can be done with bands in the place of dumbbells).
Do you still, have questions? We may have answered it in our FAQ section!