Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Read more about our disclaimer here.
We have the 6 quart Instant Pot (it has over 22,000 customer reviews on Amazon with 4.5 stars!
We will be sharing a lot more recipes but since I batch make eggs twice a week, I thought I would start with my favorite food, the hard boiled egg. ;-)
How to Make Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Place stainless steel steam rack in the pot (it came with mine!) and add eggs (I do 16 at a time because I eat four each day).
- Add 1 cup of water and close the lid.
- Press the manual button and enter a time of 5 minutes. Once the Instant Pot comes to pressure (usually takes about 5-10 minutes), it will cook for 5 minutes.
- After the timer has gone off switch from sealing to venting and set your own timer for 5 minutes.
- Once your time has gone off, open the pot. Place eggs in cold water and peel. I find that it is easier to peel the eggs while they are still warm.
This is similar to the way I make my boiled eggs in the oven. It's a little bit quicker (about 5 minutes), they are a little easier to peel, and don't seem to smell as bad!