Want a FREE Dessert & Treat eCookbook?
So maybe we are kind of obsessed with PB&J over here. We can't help it, it's like a time machine back to when we were kids. We have our Gluten-Free Peanut Butter & Jelly Bites, Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars, and our Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches we sometimes make for our hikes. Whoever said you couldn't eat your favorite foods from childhood was wrong!
When shopping for nut butters, sugar should not be listed as an ingredient. Look at the ingredient label and choose the one with just the nut and salt (or just the nut if you can find it!). When shopping for jelly (if you aren't using frozen berries), try to find one that is just the fruit without added sugar. If you can't find one that is only fruit, read the ingredients and try to find one that doesn't have fake sugars and/or other unnecessary ingredients.
Clean Eat Recipe: PB&J Protein Shake
- 1 packet/scoop of TLS vanilla whey protein powder *If you are interested in ordering this protein powder and would like a FREE Shake & Bake Recipe eBook, please email us first at email@example.com.
- 3 oz liquid egg whites
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic frozen strawberries or 1-2 Tbsp organic jelly (fruit only)
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats (optional)
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender and mix. Enjoy!