Kenzie's back with another awesome recipe! Remember her Apple Pie Protein Bars? If you haven't tried those yet, you should! We've had so many people contact us about how good they were! But back to these Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars, they are part of our BRAND NEW eCookbook, Baby Eats Clean (and toddlers too!)! We wanted to give you a sneak peak at one of the recipes in the book.
P.S. As a side note, don't forget to take on our Fitness AND Finance Challenges for 2016!
Baby Eats Clean
This e-cookbook is filled with delicious recipes and tons of information. We know feeding a little one can be overwhelming and there is so much to consider...What is the most efficient way to make homemade baby food? What are the benefits of making it yourself? When can you introduce new foods? What foods should a baby never eat? These are just a few of the topics we discuss in our latest e-cookbook for clean eating baby & toddler foods. The book includes recipes for every stage, beginning with infancy and ending with preschoolers. The layout makes it easy to navigate and breaks down your child's eating schedule into simple stages. If you want your kids to eat healthy and thrive but also enjoy food, this cookbook is a must have!
And, just for fun, here's another picture of us after hiking Mount Yonah when she was visiting Georgia.
Clean Eat Recipe: Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
- 1 cup pure peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup date sugar, coconut sugar, or 1 tsp liquid stevia
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup jelly
- ¼ cup raw unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 baking dish, set aside.
- Stir peanut butter, vanilla, greek yogurt, sugar, and salt together in a medium size mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir flour and baking powder together. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. It should look like a crumble.
- Scoop out ½ a cup of the peanut butter crumble and stir the peanuts in for topping later, set aside.
- Pour the peanut butter dough into the greased baking dish pressing it down flat & evenly. Spread the jelly evenly over the top of the peanut butter bars, then crumble the peanut butter & nut topping over the jelly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yields: 16 bars
Store in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.