WANT A FREE HIIT EBOOK?
The Single Leg Split Squat is one of those exercises that you will love to hate! It's a great exercise to shape your glutes but you might be waddling the next day! In our workout plans "leg day" is pretty popular and this exercise is included quite a bit!
Single Leg Split Squats
1. Hold dumbbells at your side or place an EZ bar or weighted bar across your shoulders (if you are a beginner, do not use weight until you have the movement down first).
2. Place one foot on a bench behind you.
3. While keeping your chest up lower your hips (squat down) until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
4. Press back up into your starting position by focusing on your glutes.
5. Repeat on the same leg for listed number of repetitions then switch legs.