The post titled "Our Story" went viral a few years ago. We thought it would be a good time to update that now. We've been living this lifestyle for almost 5 years now and we have had many ups and downs ourselves but recently we've seen some things in the fitness industry that really are making us feel like it's time to speak out.
Almost everyone that we meet tells us that they love our website because we are real. We get emails all the time saying the same thing too. This makes us so happy to hear. We try to be transparent and we are glad that it comes across that way! We even have a series of posts scheduled in the coming weeks on topics like "Obsessed with Fitness" and "Life Unfiltered"! We released one a few weeks ago titled "Stories From My Scale" so read that one too if you haven't yet!
Just a few of our philosophies:
- We don't think that life should be lived in a gym.
- We don't think that life should be lived always trying to achieve the "perfect" body.
- We don't think that life should be about being lean enough to see your six pack.
- We don't think that life should be a comparison or competition.
- We don't think that you should wake up every morning and spend 15 minutes trying to take the perfect "selfie" and then post that on social media.
- We don't stay super lean all the time.
- We go to the gym so that we can do the activities that we love to do (such as hiking) but we don't live there. We have a life outside of the gym and hope that every single person who reads our content will do the same.
- We try to live a balanced lifestyle which means not always worrying about exactly what ingredients are in every single thing we eat. We eat clean at least 80% of the time, but realize life is more than trying to maintain control over (or count/track) each and every item we consume.
As the picture above states we think that life should be about eating well and traveling often (you can read about more of our hiking trips here). We would much rather be preparing for our hiking trips or just training for the activities we love instead of worrying about what our aesthetic appearance is. There HAS to be a reason, other than looks, that will keep you going. Many people tend to train for the summer so they can wear a bikini but then what happens when summer is over? You must start thinking about goals you have that do not have anything to do with aesthetics. These goals are the ones that will keep you going when times get tough.
We are so excited to open up more over the next few weeks with the posts that we have planned! We will leave you with the quote below. Really think about this and decide what your adventure will be!
"Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure and go ever upward." - Drew Houston