Peanut Butter and Jelly...those words just scream "childhood" to me! I'm not a big sandwich person but I LOVE PB&J sandwiches! Scott & I were talking about them a few weeks ago and decided to make them into bites to take on our hike with us. They are the perfect cravings buster and great to give you a little boost of energy (just don't eat all of them!). Not to mention, these are perfect for kids. Who said that PB&J had to be a sandwich? Put some of these in their lunch box and mix it up a bit - I bet they even like these better! They are easily made gluten free by using gluten free oats.
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free quick cooking oats (or rolled oats - see below)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
*If using rolled oats or extra thick rolled oats add approx 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor
- Add 2-3 Tbsp warm water to mixture and pulse a few more times until ingredients start sticking together
- Spoon out onto parchment paper
- Chill until ready to eat
Makes approx 25 Balls.