If you are bored with plain old chicken breasts and love Italian food, this is the recipe for you! I had a MAJOR craving for Chicken Parmesan the other night, but of course wasn't interested in making it the "old fashioned" way. I wanted no-dairy, no regular flours and ALL the flavor of the real thing.
Think comfort food all the way here! So... here's the recipe - you won't be disappointed!
Clean Eating Oven-Baked, Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 3 eggs, yolk and egg white
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. Place eggs in a medium-size bowl and mix as though you are scrambling eggs. Set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, combine flours and spices with a whisk.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Individually, dredge chicken breast into the egg bowl and then into the flour mixture, sure to coat the chicken well. Repeat by placing the same chicken breast into the egg mixture again and then into the flour mixture to form a nice "crust."
5. Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet and repeat for each chicken breast.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 40 minutes, or until each chicken breast is thoroughly cooked.
Top with your favorite clean spaghetti sauce and pair with brown rice noodles, spaghetti squash, or zucchini ribbons!