Want a FREE Dessert & Treat eCookbook?
Call me crazy but I just recently started boiling chicken! I don't like to bake chicken because it really dries it out so for the last few years we have been grilling it or using the crock pot. I have been amazed at how good it is boiled - it stays very juicy and is easier than baking or grilling it! Since I have found a new way that I love chicken I wanted to share it with you! You can eat it plain or use this in your favorite chicken recipe (we will be sharing some with you soon)!
How to Boil Chicken Breasts
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Organic Chicken Broth
- Spices, your choice (We use sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic)
- Vegetables, your choice (You can omit the vegetables - they are just for extra flavor)
- Place chicken in large pot and cover with chicken broth and water (I usually do a mixture of both). Be sure to cover all chicken. Add your desired spices (I usually add 2 Tbsp minced garlic for 6 chicken breasts and just sprinkle sea salt and pepper) and vegetables (I've used carrots, celery, onions, etc...clean out your fridge!).
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Allow chicken to cook until heated through (this usually takes 25-30 minutes for 6 chicken breasts and 8-15 minutes for 3 breasts, depending on the size). Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Shred chicken and enjoy!
He and She Tip:
I love making mine with just minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Then each time I eat it I can season it however I want. It's really good with mustard! We will be sharing some of our favorite recipes soon using boiled chicken!